Monday, February 06, 2006

Tour Tempo

Tour Tempo is a book that came out last year. I looked at it then and quickly rejected it. (But I'm not telling you why!)

Now, my friend Becky Dengler (LPGA/PGA member and a Golf For Women Top-50 Instructor) has told me I need to take a second look, and I've promised that I will.

The book's basic concept is that the last unrevealed secret of the golf swing is the tempo of the expert's golf swing. The claim is that we amateurs swing back too slowly, forcing us to lunge forward on the downswing. The premise is that a faster backswing will take out all our errors and inefficiencies.

And faster it is!! One student describes it as "trying to snatch hot toast from the toaster." The book includes a DVD that contains videos of experts and amateurs and mp.3 sound files with repeating "beeps" that teach you to re-time your swing. You can transfer them to your iPod and take them to the course with you (illegal, however, for posting handicaps).

I've promised Becky a report-back, and I'll post that here as well.

In the meantime, I'd very much like to hear from anyone who's already worked with the book and the sound files. How did it work for you?

1 Comments:

At 4:12 PM, Blogger teacherwa said...

I have used it, and it is the single best thing I have ever done to improve my game.

One book + one DVD + 3 hours = straighter drives + 20/30 extra yards.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home